Not all hospitals have the staff, training or equipment to perform organ transplants. Hospitals that are staffed and equipped for these complex procedures are called hospital transplant centers and are members of the Organ Procurement and Transplant Network (OPTN). Membership means that the hospital meets OPTN requirements and that they play an active role in forming the policies that govern the transplant community.
There are 253 Transplant Centers in the U.S. STA serves 10 of the 24 transplant centers in Texas.
- Children’s Medical Center Dallas
- Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi
- Medical City Dallas
- University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) Texas Transplant Center, Galveston
- Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare, El Paso
- The Transplant Institute at Methodist Dallas
- Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center —Temple
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas