Volunteer Advocate Program
Would you like to help spread the word about the life-saving gift of donation? Then consider becoming a Southwest Transplant Alliance Volunteer Advocate. Our Volunteer Advocates are an important part of our effort to increase the number registered donors. They volunteer their time to attend donation-awareness events and help:
- Promote organ, eye and tissue donation
- Encourage people to sign-up on the Donate Life Texas state registry
- Provide the public with facts about organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation so that people can make informed decisions about donation
Some volunteer activities require attendance at donor-awareness events and the answering of general questions about donation. You may also be invited to share your personal story and experience about donation.
Become an STA Volunteer Advocate
If you are interested in becoming an STA Volunteer Advocate, please fill out the application Volunteer Application Form. Once we receive your completed application, we will conduct a background check. After it is successfully completed, we will schedule you for an orientation.
Volunteer Advocate Orientation
Volunteer Advocate orientation provides training so that our volunteers are well prepared. The orientation covers:
- Introduction to STA and Donate Life Texas
- Description of our program and opportunities to help save lives
- Organ Donation 101/Tips for talking about donation
If you live in the Dallas area, you will attend the in-person training. If you do not live within the DFW metroplex, we have trainings scheduled via webinar and sometimes will travel to your area.
Sign Up for Shifts
Active STA volunteer advocates: Please click here to sign up for shifts and special events through the volunteer portal.