Not all hospitals have the staff, training or equipment to perform organ transplants. Hospitals that are staffed and equipped for these complex procedures are called hospital transplant centers and are members of the Organ Procurement and Transplant Network (OPTN). Membership means that the hospital meets OPTN requirements and that they play an active role in forming the policies that govern the transplant community.
There are 253 Transplant Centers in the U.S. STA serves 10 of the 24 Transplant Centers in Texas.
- Children’s Medical Center, Dallas
- Driscoll Children’s, Corpus Christi
- Medical City, Dallas
- University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston
- Las Palmas, El Paso
- Methodist Medical Center, Dallas
- Parkland Memorial, Dallas
- UT Southwestern, Dallas
- Baylor Scott & White, Temple
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas