This website – www.organ.org (the “Site”) – is owned and operated by Southwest Transplant Alliance, Inc. (STA) which is the 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization designated by the Center’s for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It is one of 58 federally designated organ procurement organizations (OPOs).
The Site does not collect users’ personal information unless it is provided voluntarily by the user. Site users are not required to provide any information they do not wish to
Note: This policy does not apply whenever visitors leave the STA domains and follow a link to another site. STA is responsible for the content of this website. However, the Site contains links to other web sites for which STA is not responsible for either the content of or privacy practices employed by those sites.
- Your Personal Information: In the course of using the Site, STA may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, email, phone number and other identifying information. Participation with this Site is voluntary. STA will not obtain personal information about you when you visit the site unless you voluntarily choose to provide such information.
- Site Usage Information – Whenever you use the Site, certain types of internet usage information may be received and stored; information from your browser, including but not limited to your IP address, pages visited, the length of time you spend on the site, type of browser software and operating system you are using, internet domain through which you access the internet and files you download, which are recorded in the website server logs. However, no personal information is collected during the tracking process.
If information is submitted, such information may be used to:
- Determine the efficacy of community education and public awareness efforts, as permitted by Texas law and in a de-identified, aggregated form
- Contact individuals as allowed under Texas law
- To otherwise further your organ, eye and/or tissue donation or answer any questions related thereto
- Conduct research
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal and external use
- Provide anonymous information for preparation and distribution of educational materials
- Help STA maintain the Site, ensure the Site is working properly and help STA make the Site more accessible and useful
STA will not provide, sell, rent or market Your Personal Information to third parties except: (1) to further your organ, eye and/or tissue donation; (2) to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on STA’s behalf or in connection with their relationship with STA; (3) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (4) when necessary to establish or exercise STA’s legal rights or defend against legal action; (5) where you request STA to do so; (6) if STA believes in good faith that sharing the information is necessary to protect STA’s rights or property; or (7) as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy.
STA maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this Site. However, no security system is impenetrable and STA cannot guarantee the security of the Site nor can STA guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet, and STA is not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.