Southwest Transplant Alliance
Hospital Partners Program
WHO: All hospitals within Southwest Transplant Alliance’s service area are eligible to participate.
WHEN: October 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020
WHAT: The Workplace Partnership for Life (WPFL) is a national campaign sponsored by the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to help spread the word about the importance of organ, eye and tissue donation. Southwest Transplant Alliance encourages and provides support to all our hospital partners who choose to enroll in the program to add more donors to the Donate Life Texas state registry and inform our communities about the need for donation.
Why should your hospital join?
Joining the free STA WPFL program means that your hospital has access to benefits that include:
- National recognition and listing on the U.S. Health & Human Services website (organdonor.gov)
- Recognition on STA’s website and social media channels
- Free resource toolkit with activity ideas, digital content and communication templates
- Local media promotion support opportunities
- Opportunity to share your company’s partner status on internal communications, websites, media and annual reports
- Volunteer and goodwill opportunities for your employees
- Optional support to enroll in the Donate Life Texas Unite4Life program, which offers a $500 honorarium for Champion-level partners
Most of all, your hospital supports STA’s lifesaving mission of saving lives through donation and transplantation!
How it works
- Beginning October 1, 2019, sign up through your designated STA contact or at organ.org/partners
- An STA team member will register you through the program and provide you with a toolkit of resources to utilize in employee and stakeholder communications and will support your team through activities to raise awareness about donation.
- After April 30, 2020, your activities will be submitted to the national program for local and national recognition of your participation.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fit WPFL into existing HR programs
Many hospitals provide health and wellness information programs to their employees. The STA WPFL Program can support your existing efforts by providing resources, addressing questions/concerns about the organ donation process, or provide knowledgeable speakers at employee programs.
There is no fundraising component associated with the STA WPFL Program. However, we acknowledge that some individuals may want to support the lifesaving mission of STA through financial contributions. Such support can be directed to the Outlive Yourself Foundation, STA’s foundation that invests in community education, support for donor families and transplant recipients, and advancing transplant science.
To learn more, visit OutliveYourself.org