There are a number of ways to record your decision to be an organ, eye and tissue donor in Texas.
- When applying for or renewing a Texas driver license or vehicle registration
- Online at www.DonateLifeTexas.org
- By submitting a paper registration form by mail or fax
- Through Donate Life Texas representatives at special events across the state
- Using the MedID tab of the Health App on an iPhone or iPad
Your registration as a donor is a legally binding record of your decision to donate your organs, eyes and tissue after your death. Your family cannot overturn this decision. Many people find that registering is a compassionate thing to do because it means family members will not have to make the decision about organ, eye and tissue donation while they are grieving the loss of a loved one.